After acquiring 600 Third Avenue, in the heart of Manhattan’s Midtown East Grand Central district, premier real estate development company, L&L, embarked on a major initiative to restore and modernize class “A” office building which serves as the gateway to the Third Avenue office renaissance.
CHB is proud to have played a small but significant role in this project, removing dark tinted solar film and installing new-age spectrally-selective (virtually clear) solar heat/fade control window film on the building’s curtain wall windows. These efforts complemented the building’s new HVAC system and to make the building more energy efficient.
CHB teamed with other contractors at this building and through this collaboration the following goals were reached:
- Restoration of the building’s architectural integrity with the return of clear windows.
- Unique environmental quality improvement by brightening the building interiors.
- “Light-harvesting” … allowing use of intelligent interior lighting and increased natural daylighting, to reduce costly reliance on interior lighting.
- Energy cost savings, passed on to tenants, making 600 Third Avenue an environmentally responsible and “smart-choice” location for class “A” commercial tenants.
- Enhanced interior comfort throughout the building, eliminating hot and cold spots on the south and north perimeter corridors and offices.